Missouri Facility Security (19 CSR 100-1.090(B))
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) regulates and controls medical and marijuana facilities, they require that all licensees provide employees training. Each licensee shall employ a security manager who shall be responsible for:
- Training employees on security measures, emergency response, and theft prevention and response within one (1) week of hiring and on an annual basis;
- Evaluating the credentials of any contractors or other individuals who intend to provide services to the facility before the contractor or individual is hired by or enters into a contract with the licensee; and
- Evaluating the credentials of any third party who intends to provide security to the facility before the third party is hired by or enters into a contract with the facility.
- Each licensee shall ensure that the security manager of the facility, any facility agents who provide security for the facility, and the employees of any third party who provides security to the facility have completed the following training:
- Training in theft prevention.
- Training in emergency response.
- Training in the appropriate use of force or a related subject that covers when the use of force is and is not necessary.
- Training in the protection of a crime scene.
- Training in the control of access to protected areas of a facility.
- Not fewer than eight (8) hours of training at the facility in providing security services.
- Not fewer than eight (8) hours of classroom training in providing security