Employee Harassment Prevention
Many of us in the workplace are confused about what constitutes sexual harassment and/or abusive conduct. These behaviors are sometimes difficult to recognize. Unfortunately, harassing behavior is so commonplace that often we don’t even recognize that the behavior is wrong.
But the fact is, any form of harassment is unacceptable. It should not be tolerated by anyone. Harassing behavior can negatively affect the workplace by damaging morale and productivity. We all have the right to feel safe in the work environment without worrying about being harassed. As employees, it is our obligation to prevent and report sexual harassment or abusive conduct so the workplace is pleasant and respectful to everyone.
The goal of this training is to help you learn how to create and maintain a healthy, harassment-free work environment. After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define sexual harassment and its two primary types.
- Identify basic myths and misconceptions surrounding sexual harassment.
- Identify sexual harassment behaviors and issues.
- Identify proper and improper behaviors.
- Distinguish between the work and social environments, and identify boundaries.
- Learn about other forms of harassment and prevention.