Maryland Medical Provider Education
This course is designed for providers in the State of Maryland seeking to gain basic knowledge about the use of medical cannabis and participate in the Maryland Medical Cannabis program. Certifying providers and other medical professionals interested in learning more about the clinical uses of cannabis may now enroll in an online medical education curriculum. The course was designed based on the laws and regulations governing the Maryland medical cannabis program.
The two-hour online Maryland course presents the basics of the endocannabinoid system and the pharmacology of cannabis, qualifying conditions, and administration methods approved in the state of Maryland, medical cannabis contraindications, and identified adverse effects of cannabis use. It is divided into five lessons, each with knowledge check questions that users can complete at their own pace. The course can be started and stopped as desired, and materials may be revisited as often as needed for the duration of the course access period.
The course includes current state regulations and patient registry program details in a dedicated 30-minute module entitled “Maryland State Medical Cannabis: Practitioner Considerations”
Developed by Green CulturED, this course is designed for providers in the State of Maryland seeking to gain basic knowledge about the use of medical cannabis and participate in the Maryland Medical Cannabis program sponsored by the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC). Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the current landscape of prescribing medical cannabis
- Evaluate the evidence for treating patient conditions with medical cannabis
- Discuss the pharmacology of cannabis and its effect on the endocannabinoid system
- Analyze use disorders and other patient precautions for prescribing medical cannabis
- Analyze the effects of dosing and common delivery methods of medical cannabis
- Examine Maryland-specific considerations for discussing medical cannabis
In order to be able to issue written certifications for medical cannabis to patients for treatment of a qualifying medical condition, you must register as a “Certifying Provider” with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission.