Security Officer Certification
This certification helps to better protect your customers, team members and cannabis business from criminal activity or from damaging lawsuits with top-of-the-line security planning, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Proper security training can help mitigate the risk to both the physical safety of your employees and the fiscal security of your business, as employees who can recognize threats can help take steps to prevent potential crime.
Full-service dispensary security is require to satisfy compliance requirements and create a safe environment for your team, customers, and business. When it comes to the unique nature of dispensary operations, you need every edge you can get, which is this certification will not only safeguard your business but give you peace of mind knowing that you’ve been thoroughly trained every step of the way.
Well-trained personnel can focus on giving your customers the full dispensary experience, all while keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings. Protecting herbal medicine crops and cannabis site personnel is a major responsibility. security guards and staff to deescalate dangerous situations, identify and neutralize threats, and keep vigilant for potential danger while in and out of the retail location. Expect thorough background checks and police checks if you decide to apply for any job openings in the cannabis industry, including Onsite and Transportation Security positions.
This certification should meet the annual security guard education required in Missouri, along with other jurisdictions to provide you with this compliance training as there is not actually a formal qualification in cannabis security at this time – it is still a new, rapidly evolving industry. Professionals seeking to provide security services need to first gain a thorough understanding of cannabis industry regulations and other specifics.
Cannabis dispensaries deal primarily in cash and move a product that still enjoys a healthy demand on the street, so the industry is inherently riskier than the typical box store. This means that both security personnel and normal members of the staff need to be prepared for emergency situations as they arise, less they cause undue injury to themselves, customers, or even the criminal themselves and leave the business open to potential litigation.
Depending on your state, various security practices and information are required as part of your regulatory compliance and cannabis business plans. Helix Security is able to satisfy every requirement on your license application, as well as provide the documentation you need to prove you’re operating a compliant business.
Don’t compromise on security, this certification will provide the knowledge and resources to meet your dispensary security team needs. You’ll understand the unique nature of your industry so once you certify security officers with the necessary training, skills to deter crime, and improve safety at your business.
We’re Making Cannabis Industry Workplaces Safer by Enabling Security Guards to Complete Their Annual Compliance Training That’s Mandated by Gov’t Regulators.
Security Role & Responsibilities
Worker and Workplace Safety
Facility Security and Access Control
Engaging & Interactive Training
- Access to all micro-learning videos, each is filled with engaging videos & digital materials created by leading EXPERTS who do this every day in the cannabis industry.
Supplemental Learning Activities
- Downloadable resources & access activities anytime from any device or via our Mobile App to complete your training anywhere & even 100% offline (NO Internet is required).
Knowledge Assessment Quiz
- Assessments are at the very end of every micro-learning module so you'll need to ACHIEVE a grade of at least 70% to assess & validate your cannabis industry knowledge.
Digital Certificates & Badges
- Upon passing, instantly receive your digital certificate(s) and/or badge(s) that acknowledges your accomplishment & DISPLAY your knowledge on LinkedIn to build credibility.
Responsive Support Team
- You’ll see we’re quite different by how our team provides a thoughtful, HUMAN response to all your inquiries in two (2) hours or less (during Monday – Friday business hours).
- You'll join our EXCLUSIVE member community, where we'll help you build a network with professionals in the cannabis industry & alert you to opportunities that fit your skillset.