Sexual Harassment & Bystander Intervention
This non-cannabis-specific compliance program is required by certain legal jurisdictions (ex. California, New York, Illinois, etc.), and this requirement applies to all organizations with team members working in the cannabis industry too. Yet, it’s “best practice” for every organization to implement sexual harassment prevention and bystander training as a major step to ensure that every team member in the cannabis industry understands the seriousness of these issues.
Sordid tales of sexual harassment and abuse are prevalent not only in Hollywood, but also in every other working industry including cannabis. Since the initial allegations of sexual harassment and assault by Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, women across the country have displayed the courage to tell their stories. Thus, the #MeToo movement bought attention to this needed change.
This firestorm of sexual harassment allegations brings to bear this essential question, how do we prevent sexual harassment in the workplace? It’s known that training alone is ineffective in the prevention of it at work since incivility is often an antecedent to this workplace harassment. Now compliance requirements, including bystander intervention training, are to be implemented too. Anyone could possibly witness situations where their help may be needed at times.
Sexual harassment is not gender-specific since it is a problem that belongs to us all and it is incumbent on all of us to help eradicate the problem. Learn to establish expectations of civility and respect in the cannabis industry, and how bystander intervention enables everyone in the workplace to recognize harassing behaviors.
In training guidance, the commission defined bystander intervention as safe and positive actions that may be carried out by one person or a group of people to prevent harm or intervene where there is a risk or perceived a risk of any sexual harassment to another. A bystander can be anyone in the workplace who notices incidents where another person may seem uncomfortable or where anyone in the workplace may determine that an observed action is an inappropriate behavior.
- Time: 2:00 Hours (Required)
- Video: 3 Self-Paced Training
- Resources: 3 eBooks (PDF)
- Assessment: 3 Quizzes
- Grade: 70%+ Required
- Display: Digital Certificate
- Validity: 1-Year Renewal
- Language: English (CC)
- Enrollment: 90-Day Access
- Format: On-Demand Video
- Authorized: Self-Accredited
We’re Making Cannabis Industry Workplaces Better by Enabling Teams to Complete Their Annual Sexual Harassment & Bystander Intervention Training.
Engaging & Interactive Training
- Access to all micro-learning videos, each is filled with engaging videos & digital materials created by leading EXPERTS who do this every day in the cannabis industry.
Supplemental Learning Activities
- Downloadable resources & access activities anytime from any device or via our Mobile App to complete your training anywhere & even 100% offline (NO Internet is required).
Knowledge Assessment Quiz
- Assessments are at the very end of every micro-learning module so you'll need to ACHIEVE a grade of at least 70% to assess & validate your cannabis industry knowledge.
Digital Certificates & Badges
- Upon passing, instantly receive your digital certificate(s) and/or badge(s) that acknowledges your accomplishment & DISPLAY your knowledge on LinkedIn to build credibility.
Responsive Support Team
- You’ll see we’re quite different by how our team provides a thoughtful, HUMAN response to all your inquiries in two (2) hours or less (during Monday – Friday business hours).
- You'll join our EXCLUSIVE member community, where we'll help you build a network with professionals in the cannabis industry & alert you to opportunities that fit your skillset.