Cannabis Pesticide Worker Protection
Our cannabis-specific training covers the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) compliance training requirements from their Worker Protection Standard (WPS) that’s required in cultivation operations. This is aimed at reducing the risk of pesticide poisoning and injury within the cannabis industry among “Agricultural Workers” and “Pesticide Handlers”. This is an EPA-based safety training that is made for cannabis horticulture workers who are mandated by state agencies (ex. “Department of Agriculture”, etc.) for those who’ve potential pesticide exposure.
Fewer incidents mean a healthier workforce, fewer lost wages, medical bills, and absences from work. The WPS requires employers in agricultural establishments (including cannabis) and commercial pesticide-handling establishments to protect employees from occupational exposure to agricultural pesticides. Discover how the WPS protections cover two (2) types of workers in every cultivation facility:
- Pesticide Handlers: Those who mix, load, or apply cultivation pesticides, clean or repair pesticide application equipment, or assist with growing.
- Agricultural Workers: Those who perform tasks related to growing and harvesting cannabis plants on any farms, greenhouses, and nurseries.
If the pesticide label you are applying includes “Agricultural Use Requirements” then cultivators who use them must always maintain a WPS program and ensure all workers are properly trained on the requirements of the protection standards. The WPS offers occupational protections to limit all pesticide exposure incidents among cannabis cultivators who apply pesticides using commercial applicators.
In addition, employers will need to be provided with all of the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure WPS standards are met to protect cannabis cultivation workers from pesticides and any of their leftover residues in facilities.
- Time: 55 Minutes (Average)
- Video: 1 Self-Paced Training
- Resource: 20-Page eBook
- Assessment: 20-Questions
- Grade: 70%+ Required
- Display: Digital Certificate
- Language: English (CC)
- Enrollment: 1-Year Access
- Format: On-Demand Video
- Standards: WPS EPA (USA)
Engaging & Interactive Training
- Access to all micro-learning videos, each is filled with engaging videos & digital materials created by leading EXPERTS who do this every day in the cannabis industry.
Supplemental Learning Activities
- Downloadable resources & access activities anytime from any device or via our Mobile App to complete your training anywhere & even 100% offline (NO Internet is required).
Knowledge Assessment Quiz
- Assessments are at the very end of every micro-learning module so you'll need to ACHIEVE a grade of at least 70% to assess & validate your cannabis industry knowledge.
Digital Certificates & Badges
- Upon passing, instantly receive your digital certificate(s) and/or badge(s) that acknowledges your accomplishment & DISPLAY your knowledge on LinkedIn to build credibility.
Responsive Support Team
- You’ll see we’re quite different by how our team provides a thoughtful, HUMAN response to all your inquiries in two (2) hours or less (during Monday – Friday business hours).
- You'll join our EXCLUSIVE member community, where we'll help you build a network with professionals in the cannabis industry & alert you to opportunities that fit your skillset.