Neurodegenerative Diseases and Cannabis
Neurodegenerative disease is a term used to reference various conditions associated with damage to the cells in the human nervous system, called neurons. For patients and their families, these incurable, debilitating diseases can be devastating, and given the far-reaching impact of these diseases, researching cost-effective solutions should be a top priority in the medical community worldwide.
While most people associate neurodegenerative disorders with diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Alzheimer’s, or Parkinson’s Disease, hundreds of different neurodegenerative diseases affect millions of people worldwide. As legalization continues to bring cannabis to the forefront, caregivers and loved ones of patients afflicted with neurodegenerative diseases are increasingly interested in cannabis.
Your nervous system consists of your brain, spinal cord, and nerve fibers that go to every component of your body. Neurodegenerative diseases are generally progressive and often result in the eventual death of the nerve cells. We will delve into some of the studies and how cannabis may benefit those with neurodegenerative diseases. A combination of factors contributes to an increased risk of acquiring a neurodegenerative disease, like Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), genetic mutations, and environmental factors (ex. heavy metals, pesticides, etc.).
- Time: 58 Minutes (Average)
- Video: 1 Self-Paced Training
- Resource: 19-Page eBook
- Assessment: 20-Questions
- Grade: 70%+ Required
- Display: Digital Certificate
- Language: English (CC)
- Enrollment: 1-Year Access
- Format: On-Demand Video
Engaging & Interactive Training
- Access to all micro-learning videos, each is filled with engaging videos & digital materials created by leading EXPERTS who do this every day in the cannabis industry.
Supplemental Learning Activities
- Downloadable resources & access activities anytime from any device or via our Mobile App to complete your training anywhere & even 100% offline (NO Internet is required).
Knowledge Assessment Quiz
- Assessments are at the very end of every micro-learning module so you'll need to ACHIEVE a grade of at least 70% to assess & validate your cannabis industry knowledge.
Digital Certificates & Badges
- Upon passing, instantly receive your digital certificate(s) and/or badge(s) that acknowledges your accomplishment & DISPLAY your knowledge on LinkedIn to build credibility.
Responsive Support Team
- You’ll see we’re quite different by how our team provides a thoughtful, HUMAN response to all your inquiries in two (2) hours or less (during Monday – Friday business hours).
- You'll join our EXCLUSIVE member community, where we'll help you build a network with professionals in the cannabis industry & alert you to opportunities that fit your skillset.